The mission

The purpose of this blog is to report on my experiences with various parenting-related issues. Reviews of advice, crafts, and whatever else comes my way. (Originally this was meant to be a Glass Explorer project, but I was unable to procure funding... in case you're wondering about the title. Pending retail release..................)

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

An Idea!

It was on June 18th, 2013 that I received my Project Glass invite.

I hemmed and I hawed. Is a $1500 beta product worth it? What could I possibly use it for? How can I contribute the the Glass community?

I got some great advice on G+, and I decided to follow through with it. If I can raise the needed money in the next 5 days I will pick up my Glass and use it to create a parenting blog.

WHY A PARENTING BLOG?


Because parenting is definitely a job that requires two hands at all times! It's also a task with many questionable crafts and toys marketed for it. Just the other day, I made a "washable" home made paint recipe I had seen all over the Internet. I wouldn't say it was a complete disaster, but, being able to have seen beforehand the quality of the paint would have been a huge plus. And I regret not being able to share that kind of thing when I'm elbow (and pants, and shirt) deep in it.

I realized there is a bit of a need here. It would be so easy to document basic tips and activities with Glass, which I just can't do with a camera. My son notices and loves cameras, and I also can't press buttons with grimy hands.

Before I had my own child, I had been a children's librarian with NO experience with children. Being able to simply watch daily activities of discipline, crafts, and skill learning would have been invaluable to me.

Please help me make this a reality for you and others. Click on the IndieGoGo link below, and donate or spread the word! Thank you so much!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/imagine-parenting-with-google-glass

No comments:

Post a Comment